Pharmacy Technician Program
This program prepares students for a career as a Registered Pharmacy Technician. This hybrid course allows students to study at home via computer and access assignments and course documents through our online platform. The course takes approximately six months to complete. Each student will need to complete a total of 560 clock hours to be eligible for registration with the Florida Board of Pharmacy. While enrolled in the program, students are also required to complete a 160-hour Externship. Externship hours are to be obtained at an approved physical pharmacy location. Students will practice their skills and gain hands-on experience related to several aspects of the pharmaceutical industry. Externship opportunities are also available through our in-house pharmacy, Space Coast Pharmacy. (LINK BELOW) Upon completing the program, students can apply for a various retail, hospital, and long-term care pharmacies.
Visit Space Coast Pharmacy Website
• Rockledge Institute is a Recognized Training Program by the Two Industry Leaders in Pharmacy Technician Certification. – The Program is recognized by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), who administers the ExCPT Certification Exam, also leading to the CPhT Certification. – The Program is also recognized by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) for meeting the requirements of the CPhT Certification
- Student must be at least 16 years of age (17 for Rx Tech Program).
- Complete enrollment application
- Schedule a tour of the facility
- Submit $100 non-refundable application fee
- Provide Proof of High School Diploma or GED or take the WBST (Wonderlic Basic Skills Test) and score at least 200 (Verbal) and 210 (Quantitative) as a basis for admission for Ability to Benefit Students
- Two passport photos
- Provide Proof of residency (via Social Security card or birth certificate)
- Provide a Government-issued Photo ID
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION EXAM PREP COURSE
The Rockledge Institute Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Prep Course is beneficial for individuals who are already registered with the Florida Board of Pharmacy as a Registered Pharmacy Technician. This course is perfect for experienced Pharmacy Technicians who may need to brush up on specific concepts before taking a National Certification exam. The cost of the program is $500 (Ask about our payment plans). The course includes online access to the following: Study Guides and Practice Tests.
*Disclaimer: This refresher course is only available to individuals who have completed an approved Pharmacy Technician Program and who are eligible to take a National Certification Exam.*
Included are the fees for the program.
Total Cost: $1,800.00
Monday – Friday:
9:00 am – 6:00 pm